Friday, January 30, 2009

Hai Tien Lo 海天楼 (28th Jan 2009)

Greeted by friendly staff, greeting us with chinese blessings and wishes...

Service staff - DSC_1830

Togetherness Tray

Togetherness Tray - DSC_1813 copy

There were Candied ginko nuts, Red melon seeds, Candied ginger slices, Candied Water Chestnut, Candied carrot and Candied lotus root. My favorite were the water chestnut and the ginko nuts.



Salmon Yu Sheng with Wealth Japanese sweet prawn

'Salmon


As I had said in my earlier posts... I do not care too much for raw vegetables... and soaked in my least favorite plum sauce. So I was pleased when I saw the adding of sweet prawn and oso the salmon.



'Salmon

I just picked out all the prawn and salmon pieces, while the rest of my dining partners finished off the raw vegetables....

Baked diced abalone and chicken puff

Baked diced abalone and chicken puff - DSC_1857

This seemed like a normal chicken puff... I don't exactly think it is the best I tried. But definitely is one of the better one.


Steamed pork dumplings with laver

Steamed pork dumplings with laver - DSC_1879

This is different from the rest of the siew mai out there... I prefer the laver aka seaweed, to the flour skin which was used too often in other normal dim sum places.



Steamed prawn dumplings with wild mushroom

Steamed prawn dumplings with wild mushroom - DSC_1864 copy


Steamed Barbecued pork buns

Steamed Barbecued pork buns - DSC_1870

Deep fried bean curd sheet stuffed with dried oysters, mushrooms, prawn paste and chicken

Deep fried bean curd sheet stuffed with dried oysters, mushrooms, prawn paste and chicken - DSC_1874 copy

Steamed carrot cake with dried scallops

Steamed carrot cake with dried scallops - DSC_1888

I like this dish well enough... I like it not fried but steamed. Soft and soya... *yummy*

Classic Beijing Duck

Classic Beijing Duck - DSC_1899

Not the best beijing duck i had. I thought it was too dry and abit tough for my liking.


Soup of the day
Soup of the day - DSC_1914

I think the soup was well prepared... there are carrot, moss, white fungus and chicken meat in it. :)



Deep Fried prawns tossed in wasabi mayonnaise sauce

Deep Fried prawns tossed in wasabi mayonnaise sauce - DSC_1918

The prawn is fresh and firm, just the type of prawn I like. However, I felt the wasabi mayonnaise sauce was slightly lacking of the wasabi punch..

Fragrant Steamed Rice with preserved meat and dried oyster

Fragrant Steamed Rice with preserved meat and dried oyster - DSC_1922 copy

I was surprised when I saw this dish... there is nothing much to it.



The view from the window - DSC_1821

Hai Tien Lo is a good place to go for dim sum with a view. There are frenly staffs, the food is good. It is a rather easy-to-forget-and-i-would-not-think-of-it-when-i-want-to-go-for-dim-sum place.


No comments: