Friday, February 20, 2009

River Palace (14th feb 2009)

A Korean Friend, after several years of luring him with food photographs, came to Singapore for a visit. Trying to squeeze everything in a few days is indeed difficult. : )
So we went to some places... and this is one of them. River Palace... I did not think that I had chose this because I thought highly of the food. But rather it came recommended by some people.
Name of the place - DSC_2989 copy


Stewed peanuts and Chinese tea...


Stewed peanuts - DSC_2995Chinese tea - DSC_3000

So here are the food we had tried...

Chilled par-boiled chicken in chinese wine
This was okay. I didn't think the chinese wine taste was strong enough.
And it's not better than those normal hainanese chicken in some hawker centres.

Chilled par-boiled chicken in chinese wine - DSC_3008


Combination of sliced duck with crispy beancurd skin wrapped in egg pancake

This was good. I enjoyed the crispy beancurd skin, add an additional crunch to it.


Combination of sliced duck with crispy beancurd skin wrapped in egg pancake - DSC_3031 copy


Belly of pork Roll with minced garlic sauce

Because of the frist glance, there wasn't much fat to it... I didn't want to waste my tummy space to try it.


Belly of pork Roll with minced garlic sauce -  DSC_3037


Crab meat fried egg white with lettuce wraps
This was different from what I had expected. But it was good enough for me to order another.

Crab meat fried egg white with lettuce wraps - DSC_3052


Braised sharks fin soup with "Four treasures"
Maybe the reason why we only had a portion per person was it just wasn't good enough.

'Braised


Braised Pig trotter "mama style"
Well.... I am thankful that they did not say it is in "MissyGlutton's mama style" cause it wasn't good. The vinegar wasn't enough, it's more like half a bottle was used, when one bottle is needed.

'Braised


Steamed prawns
The prawns were fresh... and nothing is left to be said.
Steamed prawns - DSC_3011


Sauteed beef steak in spicy and sour sauce served on sizzling plate

nope for me... :p I did not like this dish.


Sauteed beef steak in spicy and sour sauce served on sizzling plate - DSC_3057


Smoked Boneless chicken with Po Lei tea leaves
I doubt the chicken died of lung cancer... cause i felt it did not smoke enough!

'Smoked


Sweet and sour pork with pineapple
Can be better....

Sweet and sour pork with pineapple - DSC_3033


Poached spinach with assorted eggs
One of the worst poached spinach with assorted eggs dish i had ever try....


Poached spinach with assorted eggs - DSC_3020 copy

Sauteed fresh scallops with asparagus and pine nuts
The scallops weren't up to my standards...


Sauteed fresh scallops with asparagus and pine nuts - DSC_3019 copy

I guess... sometimes you have to try all the different kinds of food enough to know what u like.
On Valentine day... with a group of friends.... I had indeed made a right choice to go to this restaurant. I think it would be an experience not to be repeated, just because I would not willing do it again.


Chopsticks... DSC_3001

On another note... I am slightly buried with other things in life at the moment... apologies to people who might be hoping for new entries from me..... I will try harder ....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your description of the chicken not being smoked enough ^_^

MissyGlutton said...

Max hehe I thought someone would appreciate the humor somehow :D thanks