Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Imperial Teasure Nan Bei Resturant

This resturant was good before....
I think the chef might have been transferred or the group had expanded so much...
Anyway the standards of their food are not as good as before...
Their services are still the same, borderline nosey...
I am sure the next time i go... i will be only choosing some dishes....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_1033924
Walnut with sesame seeds... NICE...

_1033927

Century Egg with cold beancurd....
I used to like this dish... somehow it wasn't the same...

_1033931

"Li Bai" Drunken Chicken...
I ordered this dish cause I was hungry and my dinner partners were not here yet...

_1033938

Pan Fried Pork dumpling
I like those with a lot of sauces or soup within the skin...
Guess who had used pork that went to some where cold....

_1033939

Smoked Egg...
I love eggs!!! and if i have to live without egg... this would be the frist dish to go.don't really like the smokey taste of the egg... its as if the hen has been a chain smoker!!!

_1033945

Double Boiled Shark Fish Bone Soup.
This is quite good... but the taste is quite ..... hard to swallow for MOST of the dinner partner that night *laughs*

_1033954

Kailan with Garlic...
My least favorite dish... just because it's vegetable....

_1033958

Fishmaw Shanghai style...
all i can say is... i like the chicken in it.

_1033959_1033961

Ham, Bean curd skin (geeez! )
This is one of the highlight of the night....
It's actually a slice of thin chinese ham, with a deep fried beancurd skin and some cucumber, wrapped with a bun... this was really good...

_1033966

Crispy Eel in "Wu xi" Style.
This is quite good too... but then i felt they had "over fried" the eel... causing it to have a bitter aftertaste....

_1033972

Golden Prawn Ball..
This is quite sinful.. it's actually peeled prawn cooked with duck egg.... and they only use the yolk... but it's one of my dinner partner favorite...

_1033999_1033997

Red Bean Paste Pan cake
This is another highlight of the night...I can't describe the taste too well... cause i only had a slice!!! *sobs*

_1033988_1033991

Black Glutinous with ice cream
I was crazy over it when I frist tried this dish... I would just go for this....But it's different now...

_1034002_1034004
_1034026

Banana Fritter topped with honey...
I always thought they use maple or something close to the spelling of maple... but they claimed it's honey...
But it's still good.
This dish is quite unique... you have to served the banana or yam or whatever roots u might want to use HOT! then use "honey" to coat it, then serve it along with a bowl of ice and water!!
Quickly throw the banana into the ice and water a pc at a time... and then scooped it up ! it's quite fun and delicious tooo!

---------------------------------------------------------
Address:
391 Orchard Road
#05-12, Ngee Ann City
Tel: 6738 1238

No comments: