Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pietrasanta - The Italian Restaurant (28th Nov 2008)

A place near my work place... the only (at the moment) decent italian place... I am quite happy having my meal here... and this time I got the indoor sitting... could be due to the fact that went after the lunch hours.... But as that day was another "vegetarian" day for me... so I have to be selective on what I am going to have...

Name of the place - DSC_7389


Their bread... seemed more like biscuits (american version of biscuit) are simply lovely... I can just munch on these and forget about the main course... haha but due to the greedy nature of me... I can munch thru the whole basket and continue with the meal :D


Bread basket - DSC_7398

Selezione di Formaggi Italiani
Cheese platter with olives, sweet and sour onions and Artichokes
I only would go for the cheese... I hate olives... I might be too extreme in my dislike for them... but just can't take the taste of it... and I also realize that I don't actually like a HUGE piece of artichoke.... :P The tomatoes were VERY GOOD! :D and the cheese played their parts well too...


Selezione di Formaggi Italiani - DSC_7470

Selezione di Formaggi Italiani - DSC_7427

Selezione di Formaggi Italiani - DSC_7451

Quattro formaggi pizza
Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, emmenthal cheese and blue cheese pizza
I loooooooove cheese.... but I would not had ordered so much cheese in a row... but as I am on a vegetarian diet... this was the only one I felt like having... and it was GOOD!

Quattro formaggi pizza - DSC_7407

Quattro formaggi pizza - DSC_7420

Ravioli di Ricotta e Spinaci
Home made Ravioli filled with spinach and ricotta cheese served with butter and sage.
My friend complained that this was too much..... too rich... esp after so much cheese stuffs before this meal... overdose of richness... But I thought it was good. I love rich food, esp dairy products.

Ravioli di Ricotta e Spinaci - DSC_7480

Ravioli di Ricotta e Spinaci - DSC_7525

Ravioli di Ricotta e Spinaci - DSC_7504

Fettuccine di Castagne ai Porcini
Home made chestnut gnocchi tossed with porcini mushroom
The last time I came... I had the chestnut gnocchi... and now they seemed not to have it anymore. I was told that it came with fettuccine with little bits of the chestnut gnocchi... the sauce was good... the noodles were okay... but the gnocchi was pathetic... I didn't taste it at all... or it was mistaken for bits of mushrooms... I still prefer to have bite-size gnocchi...


Fettuccine di Castagne ai Porcini - DSC_7516


Fettuccine di Castagne ai Porcini - DSC_7485



I think this could easily be one of my favorite italian place ... but I think they need to have more choices in terms of desserts... could be the dessert cafe which is besides it, which lessen the need to have a longer dessert list...

No comments: