Monday, November 17, 2008

First Thai Food (15th Nov 2008)

Papaya Salad

it's definitely colorful enough.... Tastewise... so so.





Papaya Salad - DSC_5711



Papaya Salad - DSC_5715


Belachan Rice (with pork)

I actually thought this dish would taste rather fishy... because of the belachan used. It turned out to be better than the pineapple rice I ordered... so I took lots of this and left the pineapple rice to the rest of the ppl :p




Belachan Rice (with pork) - DSC_5701


Pineapple fried rice

This was rather badly done. As you can see from the picture... it looked rather "kept-in" as in they had fried it this morning, put it aside like u would do normal plain rice and served a portion of it when someone ordered.... which by the way is how they are doing it here... I saw a whole metal bowl of pineapple fried just under the serving counter. (I was so not impressed).





Pineapple fried rice - DSC_5732



Pandan Chicken

The chicken was rather hard here. but it's tasty enough.





Pandan Chicken - DSC_5779



Cereal Soft shell crab

I think other than the belachan rice, this would be my next favorite dish. :D I like the cereal that's fried with the curry leaves... i can have that with my belachan rice and I will be happy :D





Cereal Soft shell crab - DSC_5755



Seafood otah
I don't know about others... But I looooooooooooooooooove steamed otah :D
This was done the way I would like it... pity about the herbs they had placed at the bottom of it.


Seafood otah - DSC_5773



Thai Green Curry
This is quite good with plain rice : D I think it's simple enough... nothing special about it.


Thai Green Curry - DSC_5760



Tom Yum soup
I had a bad accident with curry the night before... so I stayed away from the tom yum.. but from the looks of it, it does look delicious and my dining partners finished it all.



Tom Yum soup - DSC_5780

Coconut Jelly
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove this type of jelly... They appeared on the market a few years ago, but in smaller coconuts. I think it should be so. This coconut flesh was too hard for my liking.


Coconut Jelly - DSC_5820
Coconut Jelly - DSC_5826



Tapioca with coconut milk.
I like this :D but i always like coconut milk stuffs... This was sweetened :D I only tasted the coconut milk and not the tapioca.


Tapioca with coconut milk - DSC_5814



Mango with Sticky rice


Mango with Sticky rice - DSC_5799


I think this place was good a few years ago... but then it had not been up to the standards they had once set themselves.




No comments: