Monday, November 10, 2008

Ratana Thai Seafood Restaurant (5th Nov 2008)

A friend decided to choose this thai restaurant for our lunch today... and it happened to be the one that was opened by a Thai lady who had married a Singaporean... she was on some local talk show, and ever since then, I was looking for a chance to visit her place... not that I exactly know where it was... I tot I might need to do some research on it... so I am glad I was given the chance to try her cooking :)



I am definitely ready to eat!! - DSC_4316




Green Mango Salad , Lots of crunchy green mango slices... and lots of little dried shrimps... and the sauce was sweet and spicy!! :P I think the dried shrimps really made this dish unique... it made an impression on me :D

Green Mango Salad - DSC_4302




Thai fish Cake.

I never like thai fish cake... i think it's too hard to chew... The lady claimed it's some really fresh fish which can only be used to make this, only if they are really fresh. Personally... if i want to know if a fish is fresh or not... I will have it steamed hong kong style!!! :p



Thai fish cake - DSC_4334



Pineapple rice... Nothing special... Just another pineapple rice... :) but it went well with the rest of the dishes :D



Pineapple rice - DSC_4322




Seafood tom yum... this was really really spicy... even when we asked for little spice... I couldn't take too much of it... cause it burnt my tongue really bad. I think I will order the milky one next time... at least it will not be that spicy. I am surprised that I am not able to take that much spicy stuffs....



Seafood tom yam - DSC_4340




Fried Bean Curd with Thai style sauce..



Fried Bean Curd with Thai style Sauce - DSC_4370

Deep Fish Garlic style... I looooooooooooooooooooooove this fish. I like it because it's soooooo grumpy... I suspected it doesn't really want to be my lunch for the day.... but then too bad... Anyway it's was deep fried to the way I like, with some bones that are even eatable. :p




Garlic fish - DSC_4357

Lastly... someone had to include this... not that I had touched any leaves more than I would usually do... it's okay... just another dish of fried veggie... :P




Thai style fried baby Kailan - DSC_4386

If u are looking for cheap and authentic Thai food... you might want to try here. But i will not make any special efforts just to come here for this :P

And BTW they do not have desserts.... <BR>


No comments: